.

This BLOG is dedicated to a green and pleasant Thornbury. Without your help, it may not stay that way...

Tuesday 18 December 2012

NOTE FROM THE INDEPENDENT INSPECTOR

The Inspector appointed to undertake the Core Strategy's Examination has supplied the following note regarding the Examination's progression:

I have had an opportunity to consider the results of the consultation process on the draft Main Modifications to the South Gloucestershire Core Strategy. This includes the Council’s response as set out in its letter of 16 November 2012.
I have found the views put forward helpful in clarifying my views on a number of matters but I would not wish to complete my report before investigating the option mentioned by the Council of identifying an additional site capable of contributing to a 5 year housing land supply. I appreciate that this is being suggested by the Council as a last resort and should only be considered if I were to conclude it was unable to demonstrate an adequate housing supply.

If I was minded to pursue this approach I would be unwilling to settle on the Council's suggested site to the east of Morton Way at Thornbury (Appendix D of its response) without giving consideration to the other sites across the District which were brought to my attention during the examination. I would also want to allow all parties the opportunity to put forward their views on the choice of site. I intend to issue a more detailed note early in the New Year regarding the matters that I would like to examine further. Further consideration of these issues would be made without prejudice to the final conclusions I reach. 

Paul Crysell
Inspector

We’ll keep you posted

In the meantime – we wish you and yours a happy Christmas. 

Gareth D
on behalf of STGH 

3 comments: